The range of activities across the country
- Education and promotion of more sustainable transport choices
- Support local networks
A great example is EcoMatters in Auckland with their amazing new Bike Hub. Check out what they provide:
- Assistance with learning basic bike maintenance skills. How to:
- inflate tyres and repair punctures
- configure your bike for your riding comfort
- tune and adjust your brakes
- tune and adjust your gearing
- maintain your chain
- Times when there may be a qualified mechanic on-site offering low cost maintenance work (as per the above list). For work we can’t assist with, we can refer you to some excellent local bike stores that have qualified mechanics to assist with repairs and maintenance.
- Loan bikes for people to try or explore Te Whau Pathway, Olympic Park and surrounds
- Repairing unwanted bikes from the waste stream and giving back (or providing at low cost) to those in need in the community
- Free, 24hr access to a community bike maintenance stand, with tools and pump (located at the front of the hub)
- Education and information about bike routes and safe cycling
- Information about bike groups and other types of support
- A facility that can booked and used by other community groups*
Not only that they also offer a range of drinks and refreshments to keep you fuelled up! These include Phoenix drinks, Nice Blocks, Kokako organic filter coffee, and a bike smoothie maker!!!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.