The range of activities across the country:
All of our members provide a community environment hub where local people can connect and find out more about what they can do to improve their environment and their lives. Our core hub services include:
- Ecocentres – Environment hubs showcase what’s doable about sustainable; from vertical gardens, to recycled timber fittings and passive solar heating. Local people visit, experience and go away ready to take action.
- Venue for events – a place to meet others
- Library – information and resources
- Retail –the tools for the job and greener products
- Coordination of eco festivals – chance to have fun and learn what is available
- Green goods and services promotion – find out about local businesses and services
- Eco living courses and workshops
- Communications – contact directories and regular posts and newsletters
- Event listings
- Speakers forum
- Opportunities for advocacy/submissions to democratic processes
- Facilitation and support for local groups and networks
Sustainability Trust’s award winning Ecocentre
The holder of a 2014 Green Ribbon Award for Small Business Leadership and incorporating vertical gardens, recycled timber and passive solar heating, this venue really walks the talk – and looks great too.
Envirohub Bay of Plenty’s annual Sustainable Backyards Festival
Every March for the past ten years this extravaganza of over 70 events attracts over 16,000 people to experience sustainable living. It features art, entertainment, and even a bicycle smoothie maker!
A national events calendar
Mobile display library